A few weeks back, I did a post about how ‘Sex And The City’ and real life in NYC just don’t add up (that’s your cue to read it here). And while, yes, the show will set you up for dashed hopes and dreams if that’s all you base your expectations off of, the truth is there are still things about SATC that ring true for real-life NYC gals like me. Here are 11 ways real life in NYC is actually like Sex And The City:
1. Your girls are as essential to life in NYC as air itself.
2. It’s not the weekend unless brunch is involved.
3. Dating in NYC is an adventure…sometimes a roller coaster, other times a fairytale…but always an adventure.
4. You’re no stranger to staying out all night on a school night, then rising with the sun for work in the morning like nothing even happened.
5. You live for the summer time!
6. You never leave the house looking a complete mess because you’re bound to run into someone you know or someone you want to know.
7. Kitchens are pretty much useless since the majority of your meals come from dining out or Seamless.
8. After only a few days away from NYC, even if you’re having fun, you can’t wait to get back to the action in the big city.
9. There’s never, ever a lack of things to do. This is New York City!
10. Fashion Week, or not, the streets are your runway.
11. Men may come and men may go, but your girls will be there forever.