Oh October, we meet again. I have to admit that you’re my favorite month of the year. Why do I love you? Let me count the ways:
- It’s my birthday month for one. And this year I’m celebrating a very special one as I prepare to say hello to a new decade of life!
- The weather is amazing in October. Summer is sometimes a little too hot. Winter is always way too cold. But the first full month of fall here in NYC is always just perfect.
- The fall foliage. Beautiful yellows, oranges and reds at every turn.
- Life tends to slow down…just a tad. While there still may be an event or something compelling to do every night, I don’t have the same #FOMO I had in the months prior. In October, Netflix and chill starts winning out over rooftops and drinks.
- Sweaters, boots and light coats make their debut. While I’m a sunny L.A. girl at heart, I really enjoy dressing for the fall more than any other season and October marks the start of that.
Photos by O’shea Galan