I’m all about a bright red lip. My one rule is that it must be matte in texture. For the longest, MAC Ruby Woo was my red lipstick of choice. But lately I’ve been rocking one that blows it out of the water. I found the best red matte lipstick ever in Sephora Collection Cream Lipstain in Always Red.
You’ve seen me wear this lipstick repeatedly on Instagram. And, seriously, this tube is the best red lipstick available in my opinion.
Here are a few reasons Sephora’s Always Red Lipstain beats out MAC Ruby Woo for me:
- Ruby Woo dries the heck out of my lips. Sephora Always Red Cream Lipstain actually feels moisturizing while still appearing 100% matte.
- If your lips are the slightest bit blemished in any way — dryness, the slightest cracking — Ruby Woo will just make it look that much more noticeable. Sephora Always Red Lipstain on the other hand makes your lips pop without highlighting all the things you’d rather not draw attention to.
- After one application, I get more coverage with Sephora Always Red. With Ruby Woo I tend to have to do several coats, which often only ends in streaking and splotchiness, despite my efforts.
- One of my favorite beauty bloggers of color put me on. Thanks Ty of Gorgeous in Grey!
- It’s only $14! And for that price I can keep one at home and in my to-go makeup bag.
Do you have a favorite red lipstick? If so let me know what it is in the comments below.