On the third leg of my adventures in Thailand, my friends and I ventured to Railay Beach in the Krabi area of southern Thailand. Railay is one of the most beautiful beach cities I’ve ever witnessed. But, that doesn’t necessarily make it a place I would recommend to others.
Why? Well my three friends and I got the worst food poisoning of our life there! After having a (read one) cocktail at the pool bar of our hotel Railay Bay Beach Resort; one by one, each of my girls and I got sick, sick, SICK from food poisoning (I don’t think I’ll ever be able to laugh at the dress shop scene in “Bridesmaids” again). And as we struggled over the next 12-hrs some of us were down for, a quick google search showed us that Railay is actually known for food poisoning. Luckily this travesty happened on our last day in this location, so we were still able to explore and snap a few great pics during sunrise the days prior.
Beautiful, indeed. But if you decide to take the journey to Railay Beach yourself, I may suggest bringing food with you and definitely only drinking bottled water while there.
RELATED THAILAND POSTS